So I have a few things to mention. I know this post looks too long to read, but it is worth it I promise! Atleast for family.
I am now 37 weeks along today! Doctor says everything is going great, and that since David came 2 weeks early it ups my chances of it happening again. I'm not counting on it, but the fact that it "could" happen makes me a little anxious. That's Memorial day! Too soon! I think if she needs to come early it should be a couple days to a week. That would be good.
Scott and I have gotten a new calling. We are Sunday School Teachers! And for those of you who don't remember we're in a married student ward so it's not teenagers but people around our age. I'm a bit nervous! I have never ever taught a lesson before. Scott is really good at it and loves it, but it will take me some getting used to. It will be good for me right? Maybe not so much for the people listening but, no I'm jk. I'm excited to learn something new.
Saturday night Scott and I went to see Prince Caspian and I just have to mention it cause it was so good! We both really liked it. I like the Lion the witch and the wardrobe despite some cheesy things, but this one is great. Much more of a war film actually. But still pretty funny in parts and great symbolism that I love. The only thing that puzzles me is how they got away with a PG rating. It is very clearly a PG-13 film. oh well. Not sure it would be great for children under 13 though.
After lot's of hard work on Scott's part his 3D Settlers of Catan (board game) is now finished. Yay! He spent so much time on it. He did EVERYTHING. He found the wood in a room in the Austin building where he does janitorial. They usually throw the extra wood away, but Scott decided to keep some too. He used a chop saw and sanded, stained and sealed everything. And really the only thing I helped him with was finding things to use as the resources. Never thought I'd see Scott walk into a craft store willingly. :) The only thing we are still trying to work out is how to do the deserts. We have some ideas but Scott wants to come up with better ones. As you can see he had some fun doing different things with the Ore and Brick. But anyways, it looks totally awesome and is a lot of fun to play on. Scott won playing on it last night. It seems like we play it with various people multiple times a week. He's so proud of it I'm not sure it's going to leave the kitchen table for a while. =)


The other day I decided it was so hot I needed to make a smoothie. It was David's first time eating one that wasn't Jamba Juice and let's just say he loved it! I thought the picture was pretty cute.
Around a month ago we went swimming with some friends and though I forgot my camera, my friend was able to take some fun ones and send them along to me. David wasn't too keen on being in the pool, but if I was holding him and not throwing him around he was ok. 

.jpg)

10 comments:
Cute bathing suit.
COngrats on the calling...I'd love to hear you teach! Keep that baby in there until he is done cooking! :) I'm sure she'll be fine..no worries!
*she is done cooking.
Wow that Settlers board is amazing. Is it a real game you play on then? Have you decided which name to name your little girl yet? You'll have to let us know when she comes! We're excited for you guys. I'm glad to see you're doing so well.
Wow, your baby comes so soon! That is is exciting (and also a little scary- 2 kids!) Where did you get your swim suit? I've been looking for a maternity one.
That game is pretty impressive- good job Scott.
I am so amazed - Scott, I haven't met you yet, but you are surely an extraordinary person to turn one of the world's greatest board games into a 3-D work of art! Kyle and I love this game. I'm also quite impressed with your carpentry skills. Well done, Scott. Well done.
Mary and I are both the Gospel Doctrine teachers in our ward. We enjoy it and it's nice not having to teach every week... you'll both do great!
The Settlers thing is awesome. If you haven't tried any other games you should check out my list of games we enjoy for some new flavors... though settlers was our original fun game and we still play it frequently... we'll have to bring some to McCall and play with you guys.
Good luck with labor and delivery!
Woah, that is quite the creation! Doesn't look like it will be very easily stored...maybe you need to find a new place to eat! :)
You look so great for being ready to give birth! I hope you go early, but know that my water broke four weeks before Ruby's due date, and I was HUGE with my second pregnancy and I was told that it was likely I'd go early, and I went FIVE DAYS LATE! Every day they get inside is worth it for them though! It was torture for me!
Good luck, labor is so much more fun the second time!
Hey there! So, first of all... AWSOME settlers board scott! I'm very impressed! Wish we could play with you guys :( As for the callings, good luck! I'm sure you'll do just fine though. Shawn just got put in the Bishopric of the single's ward over here, so now we're going to the single's ward... it's interesting. So, let us know when your baby girl makes her appearance!!!! ANy day now right? (or maybe already come and gone)-- good luck!!!
Hi! Your Settler's board looks awesome! I know how you feel about a new, unfamiliar calling. They just made me Young Women's President and I haven't participated in YW's since I was 18. The girls are nice, though, and my presidency is great. I'm thinking of you through the last bit of pregnancy.
Post a Comment