8.16.2008

The Zoo

We went to the Zoo in Idaho Falls today and had great fun! It was the first time David has really been around animals and he loved it! Sydney only made it about half way through before she wanted to be held but that's ok. Some of the other kids around seemed just as interested in her as they were in the animals. =)
Huge turtles!

This monkey came right up to the glass and curled up like that while we were there. So cute!




It had a little petting zoo and David really didn't want to be put down. He was very concerned about the deep dry loose dirt beneath our feet. He did enjoy touching them though while I was holding him. He is so funny. =)
They had a drinking fountain where you have to put your head in the lions mouth(just like the zoo we went to while at a fam reunion in Utah 2 year ago), and David just wanted to play in the water!
Well I think I could look better in this picture but, oh well! They had a HUGE tiger and it was lying almost right below the little walk way where you look into his pen about 10 feet below. He seriously was HUGE! It was way cool. And the lions were up and moving around while we were there. I don't ever remember being at a zoo and seeing the big cats actually up and moving around. Very fun.

5 comments:

Jeff Hamm said...

Looks like fun. The zoo's are fun for parents to watch their kids be amazed by the animals in person.

Amy said...

I love the zoo! Looks like you had fun!

Annalise said...

Fun!

Annalise said...

You're in Park City??? If you don't stop by and visit, you're going to be in soooooo much trouble. Call me!

Leanna said...

I keep forgetting they even have a zoo in Idaho Falls. Lance and I should try to go sometime; it looks like a lot of fun! Although I'm sure it was even more fun with a little boy full of wonder! =D