Our ward had an enrichment on Saturday where we made these adorable JOY letters. Well, our bishop actually cut them out and sanded them previously, and we just had to buy scrap book paper of our choice paint the wood that would show, and stick the paper on and mod podge it. It was fun to see what everyone's looked like. Even though we all went to the same store to get our paper they were all different. I really am not a crafty person at all (I am too much of a perfectionist and don't have the patience), but sometimes the Relief Society comes up with crafts that I know I definitely want to do and this was one of them!
I am so grateful for this time of year and what it represents. Joy is a state of mind that I have been really striving for in the last couple months. I used to get so discouraged about things that would happen, and then one day it finally occurred to me while studying my scriptures that I was not showing faith in my Savior by feeling that way. Not to mention I wasn't having fun! I don't remember the exact scripture, but I am so grateful for my Savior, and that because of him I can have joy in my journey through life.
Back-to-School Recipes
1 week ago


.jpg)

4 comments:
too funny- I just posted mine too. :) Yours turned out adorable!
Wow! I am loving it1 Great job, girl! I really like the music "O". I don't think I would have thought of including that pattern with a Christmas theme, but it really looks amazing! Quite creative. Oh and by the way, we totally need to hang out sometime next week because we're moving on the 16th. AHHHH!!!!
I love your blocks. Paula said there were a bunch left over. I want to get my hands on a set. They aren't what I was expecting, they are cuter than I was imagining.
I love it, absolutely adorable. The paper you chose makes it looks so cute. Very creative!
Post a Comment