3.23.2009

Progress!


Up until now I haven't done much in the way of potty training. If I thought about it I'd ask David if he wanted to sit on the toilet, and he'd usually say no. But today I decided to REALLY make an effort and he went "pee pee" in his little toilet finally! He actually suddenly started whining when Scott was putting a clean diaper on him(after he had just sat on the toilet) and, recognising that he was asking to sit on the toilet, we went ahead and let him try again. Well we both walked away for a minute and sure enough, he did it! We were so proud of him! I told him he would get a sticker if he went pee pee on the toilet and so he was very excited to receive his first one. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and not just a fluke. Either way, I'm proud of my little boy, who doesn't feel quite so little anymore.

5 comments:

Kelly Spence said...

That is awesome! I am hoping it isn't a fluke for you guys. That would be too easy though wouldn't it? Nah, he could be ready. Just seems like potty training is supposed to be frustrating. :) Good luck.

Kellen and Erin said...

That's awesome David! Hopefully he will keep up with that:) Good job Alicia!

Mindy said...

Hooray for you! I'm jealous.

Leanna said...

Hurray for little David! You're right, though, I guess he's not so little anymore. What a big boy, using the toilet! I hope he keeps it up!

Hazel and I are working on getting her to sleep without the bottle. I don't think I'm going to be getting much sleep the next few nights...Let's hope she catches on quick like David and his toilet! haha

Katie Phillips said...

Good luck!! When I was reading a potty book while potty training Emma I read about putting little pieces of colored paper in the toilet for boys so they can try to hit them with their pee!!! I started laughing when I read that, but I bet it would be fun!